You can customize your ELEMNT RIVAL in many ways according to your preference. Below are some of the items currently supported for customization using the ELEMNT App.
Quickly add sensors, toggle indoor riding, or share your location.
If an ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM is connected during a workout, your progress is tracked on the map and a live ride summary with additional details expands below.
Tap for quick access to the sensor page where you can add new sensors, find saved sensors, or rename or remove an existing sensor. See the ELEMNT Sensor Pairing Guide for more details.
Toggle INDOOR mode for use with a smart trainer following the ELEMNT KICKR and SNAP Control Guide.
*Only enabled with a KICKR or other compatible trainer connected.
Share Live Track Link:
Send a link to friends and family to share your location. Check out the full Live Tracking Guide for specifics.
Note: Live Tracking requires a paired phone with an active internet connection and location services enabled.
See your total odometer and completed workouts. Select a workout to display detailed data and statistics, then press the edit icon (on iOS) or the 3 vertical dots (on Android) to rename and delete.
Automatic Workout Uploads:
By default, workouts on RIVAL are not uploaded automatically, providing you with the opportunity to review workouts and edit transitions before uploading to third party apps. When enabled on the Settings page, workouts upload automatically to connected services. For details and instructions see Understanding Automatic Uploads.
To delete or rename a workout:
- iOS: Tap Edit on the top left to select multiple workouts for deletion, or press and hold on a workout and select Edit workout to rename or delete individually.
- Android: Long press a workout to delete multiple workouts, or tap a workout then the 3 vertical dots on the top right to rename or delete individually.
Login to your Wahoo account, connect 3rd party services, edit your personal info, or modify power and heart rate zones.
About You (Wahoo Cloud Sign In):
Sign into the Wahoo Cloud to enable automatic uploads to your favorite sites and services, fill your profile info from the cloud, sync workout data across Wahoo apps, and sync routes with 3rd party services. Use this section to enter details like height, weight, and gender for personalized fitness calculations like calorie burn and heart rate zones.
Authorized Apps / Connected apps:
Once logged into the Wahoo cloud, tap to automatically upload workouts and sync routes by linking or authorizing 3rd party services.
Use the default, or enter a personal Functional Threshold Power (FTP) and customize power zones.
Heart Rate Zones:
Use calculated defaults or customize Heart Rate Zones to suit your preference.
Customize your RIVAL using the ELEMNT App. You can find this menu item in the Settings tab.
Watch Face Skins:
Multiple watch faces are currently supported for ELEMNT RIVAL. Click on the watch face you prefer and to see the watch face update immediately
Choose your accent color for the watch UI from this menu.
Toggle which workout metrics to display as widgets. This menu also allows you to set daily and weekly goals.
My 24/7 Data
ELEMNT RIVAL tracks your steps and heart rate throughout the day. Disabling these can improve battery life.
Zoom/View Button Layout
Customize ELEMNT RIVAL's button layout to fit your preference when scrolling though workout pagest, widgets, and the lap list during a workout.
Select a workout profile to customize pages, display of detailed data, toggle GPS, HR, auto pause, and auto lap, or press EDIT (on iOS) or the 3 vertical dots (on Android) to rename or delete a workout profile.
Connect sensors to record powerful fitness data.
- Set Up Sensors:
Add sensors like one of our TICKR Heart Rate Monitors, RPM Speed and Cadence, or a power meter to collect and display data during your workout. Details on adding and removing sensors are available in the ELEMNT Sensor Pairing Guide.
- Include zeros in average cadence / power:
Disabling one of these options will avoid calculating periods of inactivity during unpaused portions of rides into recorded cadence and/or power averages.
- Show messages:
Toggle whether messages and email (iOS only) are displayed on RIVAL during a workout when the app is connected. See ELEMNT Alerts and Notifications for details.
- Show phone calls:
Toggle whether phone calls are displayed on RIVAL during a workout when the ELEMNT app is connected.
- Show emails:
Toggle whether emails are displayed on RIVAL during a workout when the ELEMNT app is connected.
Enable Live Track to share your location with others. See the Live Track Guide for requirements and more info.
Automatic Workout Uploads
By default, workouts on RIVAL are not uploaded automatically, providing you with the opportunity to review workouts and edit transitions before uploading to third party apps. When enabled on the Settings page, workouts upload automatically to connected services over WiFi. For details and instructions see Understanding Automatic Uploads.
See ELEMNT App and RIVAL Firmware versions, or view legal attributions.
START YOUR WORKOUT:
- Turn on your ELEMNT RIVAL by holding the top left side button.
- Optional: enable features like Live Tracking and notifications by pairing with the ELEMNT App. Keep your phone on you to continue using these features.
- Press the right center button, then use the upper and lower right side buttons to select a workout type.
- With your desired workout type highlighted, press the right center button to confirm, then confirm your desired metrics and sensors are displayed and press the right center button once more to begin the workout.
- Note: Saved nearby sensors will automatically connect when active but may take a moment to pair after initializing. For best outdoor tracking results, begin your workout after fully connecting to GPS as indicated by the green outer ring.
DURING A WORKOUT:
The ELEMNT records temperature, elevation, speed & location, plus data from any additional connected sensors.
During the workout, the below functions are available:
- Press the top right button to start a new lap (auto-lap by time or distance is accessible via the ELEMNT App Settings menu)
- Press the center right button to temporarily pause recording of your workout.
- Press the lower PAGE buttons to cycle displayed workout pages and view the clock.
- Use the bottom left side button to dismiss phone notifications when they appear.
- If pairing with a KICKR or SNAP, a new page becomes available for KICKR control, when connected.
ENDING A WORKOUT:
- Press right center button to pause the workout, then top right to end it.
- Select END to confirm, CANEL to keep the workout paused. Once stopped, you can choose to SAVE or DELETE the workout with the same buttons.
Workout data is immediately available by cycling through pages using the bottom buttons, or view the History page of the app for additional details.
CONNECT TO 3RD PARTY APPS & SERVICES
Supercharge your training by sharing your workout data with these services to see in-depth analytics and connect with others:
- Today’s Plan
- Best Bike Split
- ...and more!
Access the Profile menu in the ELEMNT app to connect and manage authorized apps and services.
Charging ELEMNT RIVAL:
- Charge ELEMNT RIVAL with the USB cable provided. ELEMNT RIVAL has an estimated runtime of 14 days in watch mode and 24 hours in GPS mode.
- Attach the side furthest from the charging terminals to the USB cable provided, then press and snap the terminal side into the clip for a secure connection.
- Connect the provided USB cable to a suitable power source to charge. e.g. a computer USB port, or to a wall outlet in conjunction with an AC adapter.
- Avoid using Apple brand AC charging adapters - these may fail to provide a full charge.
- When fully charged, remove the RIVAL from the provided USB cable.
- For additional battery saving advice, please see ELEMNT RIVAL Battery Help
Note: For best results and battery life, always charge to full capacity. Clean and dry the charging port and surrounding area thoroughly if it becomes wet or dirty. Do not plug into a power source until the area is free of moisture or debris. Corrosion or device failure may occur with improper use.
Connecting Multiple Bikes and Sensors:
When multiple sensors of the same type are connected to ELEMNT RIVAL at once, data from the highest quality connection (typically the closest sensor) alone will be used. If one sensor should fail, ELEMNT RIVAL will automatically switch to receive data from the next-best connected data source. In other words, it's no problem to pair sensors from multiple bikes or other equipment to a single ELEMNT RIVAL since the RIVAL only uses data from the closest paired sensor for each data type.
Please see our expansive and easy to use ELEMNT RIVAL Support Hub for additional help, feature walkthroughs, and advanced troubleshooting, or contact our support team where we're always happy to lend a hand.